May 15 2013
Useful SQL Server Utilities
Some usefull SQL Server Utilities
The utilities include:
RestoreCheckerRestoreChecker is a utility that restores SQL Server backup files in order to verify that the backup files can be sucessfully restored and in addition perform data integrity checkes on the backups restored while offloading the intensive IO activity from your production servers.
SQLScripterSQLScripter is a utility that scripts SQL Server databases, jobs, logins and any other sql server object. The utility is designed to automate the process of schema generation.
January 15 2013
Looking for a SQL tool to Compare and synchronize SQL DBMS data visually between databases.
OverviewCompareData is a native Windows cross-dbms application that allows you to visually compare and synchronize data between two SQL databases using ODBC drivers. You can retrieve some/all data for a table/view from two databases and compare the data visually to see differences highlighted on the screen. You can also compare data of two sql queries and dbms metadata.
- Compare data between two tables/views of the same or different names
- Compare columns having the same or different names and/or data types
- Compare data of two sql queries
- Synchronize table data at row level, table level or folder level
- Compare data of a group of tables/queries or all tables with one command
- Compare resultsets of any size.* See comparing large resultsets
- Compare schema for two tables or a group of tables including: columns, indices, primary key, foreign keys, triggers and table permissions
- Compare stored procedures/functions
- Command line or internally schedule comparisons and data synchronization
- Multi-threaded, multicore-ready design. Native 64-bit version is available. See x64
- Free for comparing table/view data. New evaluation period with each new release.